November 2, 2014
November is National Caregiver Month! Every month should be, but nonetheless, let me take a moment to remind you how important you are.
– You give your time and energy even when you don’t have it.
– You have patience and strength beyond comprehension.
– You are creative and a good problem solver.
– You make really hard decisions, and you know how to defend and advocate.
– You’ve been late, missed personal appointments and put your own needs second.
– You worry and your heart hurts, and sometimes you cry.
– You are wonderful and you are just human. Remember that, and please, for goodness sake, take time this month to do something, ANYTHING, for you.
A massage, a nice dinner, a day off with no guilt. Ask for help! You probably do have a friend or relative who will respond if you ask for something specific. Heck, buy yourself some flowers for your desk or table.
And here is a resource for you:
The U.S. Department of Human Services Administration of Community Living and the Administration on Aging have program called The National Family Care Giver Support Program. It gives you information for resources that support you in caring for your loved one so you can keep them home as long as possible.
We’re in this together and I am here to listen, give information and find you as much help and support as I can!
I will leave you with a quote from Rosalyn Carter, First Lady and wife of President Jimmy Carter:
Happy Care Giver Month all!
Place here an image gallery shortcode (Add Media → Create Gallery) or video-page URL starting with http://
© 2013 Christine J Davis | Website design by SemZen